Sunday, September 19, 2010

Red Wine Chicken with Veggies

So tonight, I decided I wanted to cook chicken with red wine to see how it tasted.  So this is the simple recipe I used.

Veggies:
Fresh Carrots
Fresh Brocolli
Chicken Broth
1 1/2 Shallots
1/4 Garlic Clove
Salt to Taste

Chicken:
Skinless, Boneless Chicken
Olive Oil
4 Shallots
1/2 Garlic Cloves
Red Wine of your choice
Salt to taste

Method:


For the vegetables, I cut the carrots into slices and broke up the brocolli to reduce the cooking time.
Next I cut the shallots and garlic cloves. I then started by putting all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat and covering.
When it was close to boiling and the vegetables were soft, I put it on simmer and left covered.


For the chicken, I used thawed, skinless, boneless chicken.
I cut it into 1" pieces to cut down on cooking time.
I cut the shallots and put them in the pan to sauted with the olive oil.
I added the garlic in with the chicken.
Over low to medium heat, I covered the chicken for about 5-10 minutes before adding in the red wine and continuing to cook until chicken was finished. I made sure there was enough wine to keep the chicken moist but not too much so it wouldn't drown it.

Any suggestions or questions? Please comment below.

The completed dish

No comments:

Post a Comment