Thursday, September 16, 2010

Marinara Meatballs

This yet another recipe I tried last night. I have never made meatballs before and it seemed that every recipe I looked over called for ground veal, which I expected to be hard to find and expensive. I opted to use ground turkey instead. There are so many recipes for meatballs, this one in particular are just for snacks (or if you want to turn it into a meal that's fine as well, they just aren't designed for spaghetti and meatballs)


Marinara Meatballs
1/2 c. Ground Beef
1/2 c. Ground Turkey
1/2 c. Ground Pork
1/2 c. Ground Chicken
1/2 Small Finely Chopped Onion
4 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese
1/2 c. Romano Cheese
3 Eggs
2 tbsp. Parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 c. Bread Crumbs (Or Seasoned croutons, smashed)
1 c. lukewarm water
1/2 c. Olive Oil
1 1/2 c. Marinara Sauce
1 tbsp. Finely Chopped Basil

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
2. In a small bowl beat eggs. Then add garlic, cheeses, parsley, basil, salt & pepper
3. In a large bowl mixed meats together well. Then add onions, bread crumbs, water, oil, marinara sauce and first bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
4. Put parchment paper down on a cookie sheet. Make balls about 1" or so round and space about 1/2" to 1" apart.
5. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
3 Meatballs
Recipe makes about 50 meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment